Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in Orlando
September 15, 2017
The not-so-scariest time of the year has finally arrived! We know that it’s only September, but you can already experience your favorite Halloween Spooktacular at the Walt Disney World Resort! Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party started earlier this year on August 25 and will run until right after Halloween on November 1.
But first things first, what is the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?
It’s a kid-friendly Halloween event hosted at the Magic Kingdom every year! Regular Halloween events can be quite scary for children, but, at Disney, Halloween is ALL about the kids! The Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is filled with trick-or-treat stations, fun rides and unique fireworks, shows and character encounters!
This event is sold separately from regular park admission and is held at night time. But it is the only time of the year where even adults can dress up in costume to enter the park! Also, your favorite Disney characters will also be wearing their costume, so the kids really get to feel the fun spirit of Halloween!
When you enter the park you will receive a Disney bag to collect your treats and the lines for trick-or-treat usually move pretty quickly! And trust us when we say that you won’t be disappointed with the candy options. They are all delicious! It’s also worthy to note that if you have a food allergy, Disney has a special trick-or-treat experience for you too!
The event is held on select nights, so if you want to experience it, make sure you check the calendar of dates. For 2017, the event will be held on the following nights:
• September 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26 and 29, 2017
• October 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29 and 31, 2017
• November 1, 2017
You also get to experience unique Halloween themed fireworks and parade, see the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular castle projections and meet your favorite Disney villains like Maleficent and Oogie Boogie! And if it wasn’t enough that you get to trick-or-treat in the happiest place on earth, you also get to experience most park rides while you’re at it! Here is a list of all rides that are open during this special event:
If you are planning to wear a costume, here are a few of the guidelines you must observe:
GUESTS AGES 13 AND UNDER
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
GUESTS AGES 14 AND OLDER
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g., full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
We look forward to seeing you at the Coral Cay Resort this Halloween season! You can check our not-so-scary pricing on our website and if you have any other questions regarding your future stay with us, feel free to message us on Facebook at any time!