Orlando- The City Beautiful
June 10, 2016
Orlando is known for its magical and adventurous the parks. But why is Orlando also known as The City Beautiful? Well, we sure can find many reasons why this city is just stunning. Here are just a few of them:
- We have more than 100 parks in the city. That means beautiful trees, flowers and lakes to enjoy.\
- Talking about lakes, we also have more than 100 lakes. Seriously. If you are coming to visit us at the Coral Cay Resort by plane, make sure you check out the city from your plane window. You’ll see what we are talking about. Lakes are everywhere!
- The city doesn’t have many hills and most buildings are very small, which give this big city a small town feeling.
- You can also find taller buildings in Downtown Orlando if you enjoy the feel of a big city. The tallest building in town is the SunTrust Center at 441 feet.
- We have Lake Eola, which has 23 acres and more than 50 swans from five different breeds. It’s a perfect spot to enjoy a relaxing picnic, play some ball, jog or have a beautiful lake view Sunday brunch.
- Between Disney, other theme parks and city events, we offer some of the most amazing displays of fireworks ever seen!
- We have the Camping World Stadium, former Orlando Citrus Bowl, which was originally constructed in 1936.
- The Orlando Public Library is the largest public library building in the state of Florida at 290,000 square feet.
- Likely between 350 and 400 years old, the oldest tree in Orlando is located at Big Tree Park on North Thornton Avenue.
- We also have plenty of beautiful people given we had amazing residents and also receive tourist from all over the world. Tourists and residents are well taken care of because Orlando offers a great variety of Spas. The best one being the Reflections Spa at one of our sister properties.
- Orlando is home to endless acres of green Golf oasis dedicated to Golf. Dubsdread Golf Course is the oldest public course in the area.