FastPass+ 2016 Changes
April 15, 2016
The Disney’s FastPass+ system was just updated to reflect some amazing changes that will make the lives of all guests way easier. During high season in Orlando the fast passes are for your best friends in the park as they allow you to skip the lines of some of the most packed attractions. The FastPass system has existed for a long time but with the introduction of the Magic Bands, Disney actually made it possible for guests to reserve FastPasses up to 30 days in advance!
Here are the revised rules:
- You can now reserve from one to three FastPasses in advance. You no longer need to pick a block of three reservations. If you just want to reserve just one to give you more flexibility, then that’s fine.
- Reservations continue to last for one hour.
- You can still get a new FastPass+ once all your previous reservations have expired or been used.
- You can now cancel a single FastPass+ reservation without affecting the other tickets in your party or other FastPass+ reservation you may have that day.
- You are no longer dependent on the kiosks in the park to make changes to your FastPass+ or get a new one. You can do that straight from your My Disney Experience app.
- Once your first set of FastPasses+ has expired you can schedule a new FastPass+ reservation on any Disney park. So if you plan on park hopping, this is great news!
We highly recommend that you make some of your reservations in advance as FastPasses+ do sell out. But if you are unable to, then we suggest making your reservations as soon as possible when you arrive in the park. That way you can set up a schedule that revolves around the times for your FastPasses+.
If you are coming to Orlando and looking for spacious and affordable accommodations, check out our page for the Coral Cay Resort. We offer townhomes to fit the whole family with the comforts of home! We hope to see you soon! Have a magical trip!